Sunday, June 15, 2008

My First Quilt

This is my first quilt that I made in community education last fall. It's a pretty simple sampler. The pattern is from Start Quilting with Alex Anderson. It's a really helpful book with clear instructions and pretty color pictures. (I've found a lot of quilting books have black and white instructions, which I find harder to follow.) It includes 9 block, 9 block variation, rail fence, log cabin (my personal favorite), friendship star, and flying geese. The book give slots of helpful hints for beginner quilts (basic quilting supplies, preparing material...).
I find the hardest part of quilting to be picking the material, and this was my first attempt, so I'm still learning! Be kind!
I hand quilted it. It was tedious and I've since moved on to machine quilting. I think I'm going to stick with machine quilting from now on!

No comments: