Monday, June 16, 2008

My first crocheting project

This is my first crack at crocheting. It's a little baby hat. I was amazed how easy it is to pick up and how quick it goes. It's my first one, and it probably took about an hour.
I picked finer yarn, so I used two at once. It's the crinkly yarn, so it has a little more elasticity.


I made it for a friend's baby who will be about 9 months by the time it's cold enough to wear, so I used the smallest loom of my multi-pack (blue), but made each loop as loose as possible.

My next attempt will probably be a scarf. You can use the round looms by doing one row, stopping at the last empty pin, and starting the new row by going the opposite direction. There are also multi-packs of straight looms for scarves if you want to go that route.

At some point I'll try to figure out how to crochet without cheating with a loom!

No comments: